Aug 4, 2012

Liebster Award!

WooHoo!  Hi lovies!  So how cool is this?  Deidre Ann from forevertogetthere.blogspot.com nominated me for the Liebster Award!I am on nerd cloud 9 for being nominated!  Here's what you need to know:

What Is It:

How I got it:

To receive the award you have to have less than 200 followers and follow a few simple guidelines:
The rules are:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
4. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them.
6. No tag backs!
Whew... Okay here goes-- stay with me!

Requirement 1:  Eleven Things About Me

1.  I am an only child WITHOUT the only child complex.  I am told I'm fairly selfless. I find myself emotionally needy at times--more a human thing than an only child thing right?
2. I have a lot of health issues.  Some of it makes me fun for human show and tell (ie. my toes bend all the way back and my wrists turn in a full circle) but most of it is something I bury and rarely talk about--afraid of judgement and scrutiny.  
3. I get annoyed instantly about gender generalizing.  All women are not anything, nor are all men anything.  There are certainly like minded people who link together, but to say that entire gender is all of something and none of another seems somewhat unfair to the rest of us. (ie. not all women are sluts, not all men are aggressive, etc).

4.  I have recently acquired a dress addiction.  I have probably 30-40 dresses.  I actually sort of  have a clothing addiction in general--my whole closet is colorized.
5. I am obsessed with my dog, Lucy Lou.  She's 2 years old.  I rescued her as a pup and she's been such a healthy healing part of my life.  She's a lab/greyhound mix. 

6.  Perhaps once of the greatest gifts in this life was becoming a Godparent to two beautiful children.  They are such an awesome addition to my life.  Eternally grateful, thank you Gina.

7.  I can't ride rollercoasters.  I feel very alone in this in my circle of friends--I've tried everything but I still get sick :(.  I have the worlds weakest stomach I swear.

8.  I used to have an Bulimia.  Since recovering, I get severe anxiety about throwing up--to the point where I pass out.   I've hit my head numerous times on the toilet or tub.  It's okay to laugh while reading this, I laugh while writing it haha.
9.  I am an eternal optimist.  Even when that briefly falters, I am right back at it the next day.  It either annoys or inspires people.
10. I'm a caseworker at a foster care agency.  My work is heart wrenching, stressful, but very very important.   I don't care who says I take my job too seriously (and lots of people do)--keeping kids safe is important to me.  Once you work a job where you see what trauma does to a child, you'll do anything to keep a kid safe.

11. I grew up in a very very small town.  I love lots of things about it, but hate the narrow-mindedness.  Evolution of ideas seems to take so much longer in a small area.



Requirement 2:  The Questions Left For Me By Another Blogger

1. Why did you name your blog what you named it?
I used to write a much darker blog in a stage in my life where I felt broken and undiscovered.  To date, I keep it to remind myself that I never want to go to that place again.  "She Sings Inside" was a place to write about all those thoughts "singing" inside my head, and also is a little foreshadowing about who I am as a person--I am a total closet singer (the shower, the car, etc).
2. If you could trade lives with any celebrity for a day who would it be and why?
Trade lives with a celebrity--hmm this is a hard one for me because I generally don't think highly of celebrity lifestyle, but I find Mila Kunis to be adorable and her smile contagious--so perhaps her?
3. What is your go to website when you are bored?
Bored? What's that like? I'm usually easily entertained right in my own brain but will gladly peruse Facebook or Pinterest to distract myself sometimes.
4. If you could have picked your name when you were born would you keep it what it is or would it be different?
I like my name because it's most often paired with my middle name (Amanda Grace).  I think Amanda is boring--but it should be noted that it was WAY better than the alternatives (Amazing Grace, Nikkita Christina)
5. Why did you start blogging?
I wrote in a blog that was not public in about 2000.  I was "recovering" from my eating disorder.  I had secluded myself a  lot from a social situation as I was embarassed that people might find out--I ultimately ended up switching schools and then it was a nice outlet for more age-appropriate things.
6. What was the first job you ever had?
Aside from the typical babysitting things you do growing up, my first "on the books" job was at a gas station in my hometown.  I worked there 2+ years -- making food and being a cashier, stock girl, etc.  Great memories for a first job.
7. Who and where was your first kiss?
This story is still hilarious to me.  My first kiss was from a boy named Sebastian at a lake near my house.   The ironic hilarious part is that my best friend and I got our first kiss the same summer from the same boy who neither of us were aware the other was dating.  Oh to be 13 again.
8. If you could make one wish for the future generation what would it be?
Don't let others bitterness steal the sweetness that still exists. Beauty is everywhere--so is hope.  Please never ever lose hope.
9. If you were an Olympic athelete what event would you want to partake in?
I am so graceless (despite the middle name) that I am envious of the poise and dedication of gymnastics.  I could watch it for hours!
10. One thing you would never ever do, not even for a million dollars?
Wouldn't ever get breast implants. Also wouldn't kill someone.
11. Your dream job.
 I don't know-- isn't that strange?  I'm 26 and have no idea.  I guess if I could write for a living in some capacity (advice column or positivity posts  in some way?) I'd be happy.  Unrealistic goal though and far fetched from my actual casework position.

 

Requirement 3: 11 Questions

11 Questions For My Nominees:

1. What is your "go to" food? (ie-- when nothing else sounds good, this always does)
2. What's your favorite time of year and why?
3. What are three songs you love/relate to?
4.  If you could have one super power which would it be?
5. What's something that makes you self conscious?
6. Do you have a go to dance move? What is it?
7.  If money weren't an issue, what would your home be like?
8. What's the most unique item of clothing in your closet?
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
10.  Do you have a quote you live by? If so what is it?
11. What motivates you to write your blog?

and lastly

Nominees:


1. TC at champagnewishesblog.blogspot.com
2. Gina at http://savingmysoulblog.blogspot.com/
3. Hanna at http://www.excelsiorlady.com/
4.Lindsay at http://thelovelythingsare.blogspot.com
5.Carli Lynne at http://carlilynne.blogspot.com
6. Brit at http://snorlaxismymainman.blogspot.com/
7. Nora at http://noraeveryday.blogspot.com
8. http://angryukulelechick.blogspot.com
9. Ginny at http://ginnyissassy.blogspot.com
10. Harley at http://1bplatypus.blogspot.com
11. Coyote Rose at http://coyoterose.blogspot.com

 

2 comments:

  1. Loved this! I was going to school to be a social worker and wanted to work in the foster care system but changed my mind due to the horrible stories people told me, so I 100% respect you. Its definitely not for the faint of heart but someone has to do it. I also loved your wish for the future generation and feel the same.

    Great post, it was fun learning more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!

    I'm so proud to hear that despite all of your hardships, you are still so strong. I commend you for being so transparent in your blog posts - that takes at lot. I think you should definitely pursue writing a column (you are so well-written!). You could do some freelance for a local magazine or something. Have you looked into that? It's something that wouldn't take away from your current role in casework, but would feed your urge to write.

    I will start working on my post ASAP. Thanks so much for nominating me! XOXO

    ReplyDelete