Feb 12, 2012

You're such a fond memory, darling.

I wear my heart on my sleeve, but I'm not naive--at least not when it comes to emotions.  I know what it feels like to be completely broken and I'm all too familiar with what it feels like to hurt . I am not looking for sympathy.  I'm not complaining.  I've been taken advantage of and used. My feelings have been completely disregarded, but I still believe all people are good at heart, and my trust has faltered at times, but not diminished. To be honest, I hope it never does.  

You've been on my mind a lot today, and what troubles me is not your significance to me-- but the probability that I'm entirely insignificant to you.  My head doesn't let me minimize the things that other people might fine minimal.  If it moves me, it matters.   That's not how most people rank things in their life, I know.  All that I know is that I find beauty in the moments you were in my life.  I find no need to make sense of that.




I'm not average, I am unique.   I will not stop searching until I find someone who knows, values, and embraces that.   My head and  my heart don't often find symmetry.  That's alright with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment