May 30, 2011

How To Hold My Heart


Song currently captivating my brain: Awake My Soul - Mumford & Sons


I love sunny days. They make my heart feel full. They make me feel more relentless, more beautiful, more alive than any other time. The feeling of grass between your toes, water against your skin, a warm fire crackling and it's warm enough to sit in a t-shirt. Sometimes I think people forget the little things, and they by far can be the most captivating. I have never been one of those people who needed items to make them feel lucky or happy or loved. I don't need a flashy car, I need someone to flash me a smile. I can't help but feel with how at peace I am with things lately that we truly all are one small adjustment away from making our lives work. I have a job where I wake up on a Monday morning with no complaints about doing so. I am incredibly aware of the fact that I deserve to smile and laugh, even when other people are miserable and can't find the time to. I am at a point where I can admit without hesitance that I deserve this person who has come into my life and makes me feel alive despite the walls I've been putting up. Life lately is about doing what I want, when I want and knowing that if it's good enough for me, it should be good enough for the people who care about me. It's dance parties and karaoke car sessions and not caring if people stare out of interest or disgust. I am living and I am alive. I am lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment