Dec 8, 2010

I drive myself crazy trying to stay out of my own way

“Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.”


Tonight is one of those nights where you're feeling lazy and just want to curl up with someone and watch a movie that makes you laugh until your stomach hurts. Instead I'm going to curl up under my electric blanket with my dog who is hogging my bed and has bad gas. Bet you're envious right?

Tonight (this will seem minimal to 93% of the world, but if you know me you'll understand) on Facebook there's this numbers game that everyone was playing. Basically, an individual you're friends with send you a number to your inbox and you write on your wall about them using that number to correlate each comment. In general this is a stupid game and probably annoying to people that peruse the status updates on facebook, but it is something that is heart warming to me because I am noted as saying these things to people anyway. It was nice to be able to show people the positivity I see in them.

Even though life could get very difficult lately, I look around and I am not nearly as panic stricken. I am laughing and smiling more than ever. Maybe its sadistic, or maybe I just remind myself that positivity attracts positivity and we need to accept the things we cannot change.

No comments:

Post a Comment