Nov 18, 2012

A Post For My Dad

"But life is about who you love and who you hurt. It’s about how you feel about yourself. It’s about trust, happiness, and compassion. It’s about sticking up for your friends and replacing inner hate with love. Life is about avoiding jealousy, overcoming ignorance, and building confidence. It’s about what you say and what you mean. It’s about seeing people for who they are and not for what they have. Most of all, it is about living your life to touch someone else's."


This is a post for my dad.  The most loyal, dedicated, consistent person I've ever met.  This post is about him taking on the challenge of falling in love with someone who came with what others might see as baggage-- and loving me just the same.   This is a post about a man I respect more than anyone else in the entire world--who works 7 days a week with little complaint.  This is for the skinny little man who puts gravy on everything and tried desperately (and successfully I might add) to show an only child that money isn't everything.    I've never ever met a more patient person--almost to a flaw at times.  Thank you for loving me, just as I am and never making me feel less than accepted for not being "yours".   Thank you for fighting battles about what you were sacrificing choosing someone with a child.  Thank you for loving unconditionally.  I am who I am because you showed that it was capable.    You have supported every crazy hope and dream I've had.  You never made me feel sorry for not being who everyone told me I should be.  On this day, when we're celebrating your birthday on Sunday as opposed to the day of because you wanted to work longer hours-- I just wanted the whole world to know how fantastic you are.  And I know you might never read this (you still type what you're looking for in the address bar of internet explorer... stubborn!!) but people deserve to know what a great man you are, how hard you try, and how love you are.

Love you papa bear.

3 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE, I have a legit tears blurring my vision as I type this! Father/Daughter love is so special! I have the same love for my Father and you just inspired me to give him a call and express it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dads are truly awesome!

    My father had to work full time and overtime to support my family on 11 grand a year. (we were a family of 6) so, while I didn't see him a lot, I always felt he truly loved my siblings and I. He never had to constantly say it like he did to my mother, but we just knew. He's always proud of us no matter what. (and stands by us if we do something bad- but always reprimands us to let us know the lesson we should learn from our mistake). He has coworkers who always talk about only their sons and never their daughters because they can't do what boys can. But my dad brags about us and says we can do anything because he and my mom believe in us! And that's why I love my dad so much! He works so hard despite having a deteriorating spine and health!

    Your dad reminds me of my father and for that, he sounds like an awesome dad! I love your post! :)

    http://forevera90skid.blogspot.com/2012/11/live-long-and-prosper-or-so-they-thought.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, your Dad sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete