May 27, 2012

Secrets in our lock box

It's such a cliche but how many times have you heard "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"?   What if sometimes that's not true--what if we don't feel stronger--sometimes we feel a lot more fragile, like one more moment could shatter us?  Everyone has to be let down by something sometime right? I'm going to clear this up now by saying that I'm not trying to be a debbie downer-- I'm an optimist most of the time with the exception of 2 topics and 1 person.   I like to think of those things as being in my "lock box".   I'd like to think lots of people have a box--some empty, some with a few items like me, some filled to the brim, some overflowing. 

 Thankful for a wonderful fella who kisses my forehead, tells me I'm beautiful, makes me laugh, and reminds me that I often take things to heart or too serious.  You are an insanely large blessing to me.

2 comments:

  1. Haven't thought about this much but I can totally see where you are coming from. A lot of the time those things that "make us stronger" don't really have that effect until we have had enough time to truly reflect on the situation. Perhaps we can feel fragile in the moment and stronger in the long run (if we choose to be). It's hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this, especially lately. I feel like I am waiting for the straw that breaks the camel's back. This past week, the smallest things make me want cry. I'm hoping that the phrase "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" may not be relevant at this exact moment, but will come in to play further down the road. Hope this goes for you also! <3

    ReplyDelete