Jan 25, 2011

Some Lemons and Flashbacks

"Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me... No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make."
-Michael Scott - The Office


Today life gave me lemons. Guess what lemons? I have lots of friends who like lemonade. So there. And for that, I am the luckiest. Thank you all for continuing to be fantastic.

I don't know what to say about this next thing, except to say that for being an optimist, I'm really dreading it. Probably because when it comes to grief, I'm introspective. I like to deal with that in the privacy of my own home, head, heart. Friday is one year since we lost a dear friend, and I know that everyone is trying to turn this terrible day into something better by getting us all together, but I know that will be like reopening a wound for me. I still feel the need to go pay my respects, but the idea of it all weighs heavy on my heart for the mere fact that it's not how I deal with grief.

Press Play:
(Thanks Hanna For Recommending This)







No comments:

Post a Comment