Jan 11, 2011

Because none of it was ever worth the risk

I once read somewhere that the past is just the future with the lights on, illuminated for you to avoid prior obstacles you've already encountered. I like to think that if you're a self-aware person you'd take those lessons seriously, but I can say without question that some people don't heed their own lessons. I know that I take a long time to learn my lessons, but I also take them a lot more seriously when I (finally) do. I've learned so much about myself in the last 6 months that it keeps me up at night wondering how I never noticed all of it before. I'm clueless about where I'll be in 6 months-- and that's incredibly unlike me. Normally I'd be crawling out of my skin with discomfort but I'm actually embracing how outside my comfort zone it is. I'm at a crossroads in life-- I could take a million different paths, Seems like one small decision--one leading into the next and so forth.

Have you ever gone back to a place that has memories from your childhood or memories from younger years and just reminded yourself about how it felt to be that version of you in that moment? Whether it be a location or a photograph, maybe even a smell. It's like a refresher course on all things you loved and loathed about yourself in that time. What is that place/picture/smell for you? Leave me comments little loves.

My Answer:
There's this photograph of Hanna, Ashley, and Myself. We're all piled onto someones bed, I'm not entirely sure whose. We all look so ridiculously happy, fulfilled. It reminds me that in that moment we thought we'd be those people forever. Even though we're different people, I still love seeing that moment, the clear satisfaction we have, and the clear problems I know each of us had that we never let show through our smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment